Historic Lindley House
OCHS also owns and maintains the historic Thomas Elwood Lindley House. The home was built on land granted in 1812 to Jonathan Lindley when he left North Carolina to settle in Orange County. Jonathan was the grandfather of Thomas Elwood Lindley (1825-1900), an influential Quaker. He served in the State Legislature at Indiana’s first Capitol in Corydon. The house is restored in part to reflect the period from the mid-1850s to the late 1860s when it was used as a farm home.
The old farmhouse, located just off the Hwy. 150 West on Willow Creek Rd. in Paoli is available for tours by appointment only.
For more information on the OCHS, and its activities or to arrange for a group tour of either the Museum and/or Lindley House please contact President Robert F. Henderson, at 812 653-1212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org