Update: June 29, 2020, Orange County is following Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana guidelines. It is important to follow the health and safety protocols put in place as our community safely re-opens and starts welcoming visitors once again. Each individual lodging property, restaurant, or attraction has in place its own safety protocols. You can find these posted at each property and/or on their websites.
French Lick West Baden and Orange County Transition into Re-Opening
Posted on July 6, 2020
Orange County has moved into Phase 4.5, according to Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana guidelines. It is important to follow the health and safety protocols put in place as our community safely re-opens and starts welcoming visitors once again. We are so excited to move forward and have visitors back, but we ask that you travel and experience our destination responsibly. The COVID-19 pandemic is far from over, but if we exercise caution, travel is possible! To help, we have compiled the latest safety guidelines and recommendations on how to protect yourself and others.
The CDC and Indiana State Department of Health ask travelers to follow the protective steps and guidelines they have outlined. It is highly suggested that you wear a face mask in public spaces and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Avoid traveling if you are not feeling well
- Stay up to date on vaccinations, including the flu vaccine
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the CDC and U.S. Department of State
Bring your inner planner to life while organizing your trip! Stock up on cleaning and sanitation supplies and consider mapping out a strategy for stops along the way to French Lick West Baden.
- Pack your car with plenty of hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, wipes, rubber gloves, and paper towels. We recommend wiping down high-touch surfaces frequently, such as the steering wheel and door handles.
- Grab a microfiber cloth to wipe down your phone and other electronics with disinfecting cleaner.
- Be sure to have a face mask for everyone!
- Pack lots of snacks, drinks, ice, and easy meals in a cooler to avoid unnecessary pit stops.
- Bring a travel first aid kit, thermometer, and do not forget essential medications and prescriptions!
If you are not feeling confident in traveling, but still wish to support French Lick West Baden during these times, please consider the following:
- Buy a gift card or certificate to your favorite local business to use later
- Book a future trip
- Leave positive reviews from previous experiences on TripAdvisor, Google, and social media channels
- Post photos of your favorite places, foods, and memories from previous trips and tag @visitfrenchlickwestbaden or use the hashtag #MyFrenchLick
As things are continuously changing, we are updating this page with business openings/changes to operating hours.
E-news Sign Up
Want to receive the latest French Lick news? Subscribe to our free e-newsletter to learn about upcoming local events, popular activities, and other fun trip ideas.